Conference discount for ALMG members - NRM Planning for Resilience05-Jun-2012
ALM Group members have been offered an exclusive $100 discount for the NRM Planning for Resilience Conference. Take this opportunity to find out more about resilience, the thinking behind NRM policy making.
Resilience thinking offers an approach to environmental management that makes it possible to identify undesirable states in the landscape and determine landscape thresholds. Understanding this concept and how it can be applied at a regional level will enable landscapes and communities to absorb disturbance and maintain environmental, social and economic development.
NRM Planning for Resilience will bring together key players currently developing regional plans and policies to support climate change adaptation and sustainable regional development. Delegates will examine the linkages and competing demands across social, economic and environmental drivers.
Featuring leading expertise from:
- Tony Gleeson, CEO, Australian Land Management Group
- Robyn Fleming, First Assistant Secretary, North West & Local Government Division, Department of Regional Australia, Regional Development, Local Government, Arts & Sport
- Richard Pearson, Deputy Director General, Development Assessment & Systems Performance, Department of Planning & Infrastructure, NSW
- Dr John Keniry, Commissioner, Natural Resources Commission
- Carolyn Raine, General Manager, Central West CMA, NSW
For the full speaker line-up and conference agenda visit the conference website.
For more information or to register contact Criterion Conferences on 1300 316 882 or email. Don’t forget to quote your discount code CC*ALMG when registering to receive your $100 discount.
NRM Planning for Resilience
Strategic regional planning to build resilient landscapes & communities
20 & 21 June 2012, L’Aqua, Cockle Bay, Sydney